New host

2007-11-30

    This week I moved part of my web sites to Dreamhost. The outage on this blog (and probably my Swedish counterpart) was because I forgot to change the blog url in Wordpress. It took a while for me to notice because of the time it takes for some DNS servers to update.

    Otherwise everything worked perfectly. I migrated my Wordpress blogs by exporting/importing all content. Luckily the export files didn’t exceed 7mb so I had no trouble importing them.

    I just noticed that I missed the permalink settings so all visitors following old search results will end up with 404’s. My Google pagerank will probably take a dive also. I’ll just have to write some more to get the blog up and running again.